Monday, July 21, 2014

Catching Up with Revelation

I had the first CIV LP as MP3s for a few years, but I hadn't really listened to it in a long time. I'd almost forgotten how many good songs there are on this record. It is definitely a lot more pop than Gorilla Biscuits but you can still hear the roots. Perfect summer record. Now that Rev rereleased the LP (I missed out on the repress last year), I thought it'd be a good opportunity to finally pick this up. Nice pink vinyl out of 550.



I also got me a repress of Farside's first LP Rochambeau. Been hearing a lot of - for me surprisingly good things in hindsight - about this record. Not my cup of tea. Far too poppish, which isn't something bad per se, but it doesn't work for me on this record. Bummer. 2012 repress on clear green vinyl out of 558.


No comments:

Post a Comment