Sunday, September 7, 2014

Count Our Numbers

Lately I've been more attracted by different cover art rather than different vinyl colours for some reason.  I'd always liked Champion and I have some fond memories of the band, but they were never a band I considered collectable. Seeing that Champion have a whole bunch of good looking rip-off covers this has changed somehow. The one I wanted to pick up was the Youth Of Today rip-off, but after I'd won this record on ebay I couldn't resist asking the seller if she had any other records from that period. She said yes and that's how I ended up with one of the 'regular' versions of the Count Our Numbers EP on baby blue vinyl. The YOT rip-off was done for the record release show and is out of 116, as you can see. I have number #66. The baby blue version is a first press out of 250. Expect to see some more Champion records in the future. And more interesting cover versions of course.


No comments:

Post a Comment