Friday, December 19, 2014

What Fire Does

I'm kind of ambivalent towards Record Store Day. There are so many releases for that day that are just so overpriced, plus there are all those people who come crawling out of the woodwork and buy records just to flip them. And to put it simple: fuck those people. On the other hand it's a great opportunity to get some releases that have been out of print for a long time. I also read an interview with a record store owner once that RSD basically ensures his shop to stay afloat for a couple of months. The interview really somehow changed my outlook on this day because I used to be absolutely against this day. Goes to show you never should form a one-sided opinion. So if what this day accomplishes is keeping record stores alive, I guess then it's a good thing all in all.

I stumbled across this Up Front 7" during my recent trip to Bis Aufs Messer. This version on grey marble was released for RSD 2014, so I guess this record has been sitting there for a few months and no one bothered to pick it up. Kind of sad, since it's a really good record, but I'm not really complaining here. There are 300 of these and all of them are numbered.



No comments:

Post a Comment