Sunday, March 29, 2015

The New What Next

Hot Water Music used to be one of those bands I'd really look down on when I was in my formative hardcore years, simply because I thought they didn't sound hard enough. Definitely not one of my proudest moments in retrospect. The words close-minded and stupid come to mind. I'm not saying I'm the most open-minded person out there nowadays when it comes to music, but let's say I've broadened my horizons a little bit as I grew older. I mainly bought this because my wife was nagging me to pick up some Hot Water Music for her. After listening to The New What Next a bunch of times, I'm kind of hooked. Which is good, because I found some new good music, on the other hand I kind of dread having to go through the massive Hot Water Music back catalogue. I'm not even going into the pressing info here, because every Hot Water Music release has seen a myriad of pressings and colours. I wonder if there are people dedicated enough to go through with a collection. Knowing record collectors, I'd probably say the answer is 'Yes'.


No comments:

Post a Comment