Thursday, April 23, 2015

Good Riddance

Good Riddance is one of those bands that apparently is unable to release a bad record. I love all their older material, so when I saw on Instagram that the pre-orders for their new LP were up, I had to get one. Funnily enough, I hadn't known anything about them releasing a new record prior to seeing the info about the pre-order being up-and-running. Peace In Our Time turned out to be a pretty good record, both by general and Good Riddance standards. I don't listen to melodic punk rock bands on a regular basis anymore and if I do, it is mainly for no nostalgic reasons - with the exception of Good Riddance. I still listen to them quite often. In my opinion they always stood out from all the those bands on Fat Wreck. Russ Rankin always managed to pull of really well written lyrics, too. That's probably why. As I said before, I think Good Riddance has a flawless discography, which is not a bad feat for a band that has been around that long.
I couldn't find any information on the pressing info for this release, but seeing that this is a Fat Wreck release, I'm inclined to say there's one variant on colour, the rest is on black vinyl. The orange vinyl with that brown/black blotch looks pretty good. The LP also comes with a one-sided bonus 7". On the b-side there's an etching of the Good Riddance bomb logo.


No comments:

Post a Comment