Saturday, October 10, 2015

Miles Away

I'm still catching up with the records I got before a big trip I did with my wife during summer. Travelling is a whole lot of fun, but it certainly gets in the way with keeping the blog going. Can't have everything I guess.

A few months back it was announced that Miles Away were about to release a new LP, called Tides. Seeing that I'd been turned onto the band by my wife recently and my wife really likes this band buying this was a no brainer. However, considering that my wife really likes this band, she talked me into pre-ordering this LP, which is something I rarely do nowadays, because shipping to Europe is quite expensive nowadays. But every once in a while you gotta do what you gotta do. Especially if you can make your wife happy. I must say though that I was a little disappointed by this LP. I really like some parts, others, erm, not so much. Especially the parts that are sung, not screamed. Doesn't work for me.  This is the pre-order variant on pink/purple swirl out 150.




I also picked up their Endless Roads LP, which was released in 2010. Overall I like this record better than Tides. Less singing equals better record in this case. This is the 4th press on coke bottle clear vinyl out of 500.

1 comment:

  1. That new record has an awesome artwork! In fact I was tempted to buy it of the artwork alone, but resisted, haha ...

    ReplyDelete