Friday, November 27, 2015

Peace

Helping out friends, or people in general for that matter, is something I really like doing. A few weeks ago Burn played a one-off show in London, well at least back then it was still thought of as a one-off show in Europe... To mark the occasion they had a special pressing of their debut 7" made for the London show. I asked a few people if I should try to pick up a copy for them if possible. I could have saved myself the question since the answer was rather obvious. Nerds will be nerds, right?
One of those 7"s has already reached its destination. In return I got this Peace 7" as a small trade I did with my buddy Tom. I'd asked him if he had any spare copies of records he'd recommend to me. I'd wanted to check out Peace for a long time, so when he said I definitely should give this 7" a listen and he did indeed have a spare copy of this, we had our deal.
Now some people might think this was a rather stupid trade because rare Burn or Rev vinyl is worth much more than a generic copy of this 7", and from a pure financial point of view, this may be correct. However, this is not what trading, especially with friends, should be about. And I didn't get disappointed. This 7" is really, really good. Hopefully there will be more releases by Peace soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment