Thursday, February 11, 2016

Bananacore

I'm pretty sure that everybody who's into collecting vinyl has certain records that could be considered milestones of their collection. It doesn't have to be the most rare or most expensive record or variant of a record, but rather one that feels very special for some reason. For me personally, the s.t. 7" by Gorilla Biscuits on yellow vinyl is a prime example of that. It's just always been one of those records I knew I just had to have at some point. I always hesitated though when I had the chance to acquire one of these the last few years since the price - like for many early Rev releases - has gone up considerably. But at some point you just have to pull the trigger. On that note, I've become a big fan of the 'Make Offer' button on Discogs lately... It was well worth the wait though because record and sleeve are in awesome condition for a record that age.
Officially 2000 copies of this variant exist, but it wouldn't be an early Rev release if there weren't a bunch of variants out there. There's also a yellow/off white variant, 50-90 copies have a Warzone b-side label, and some come with red letters on the sleeve instead of the purple ones you can see here. So it's rather difficult to pinpoint a number of how many there are exactly.


1 comment: