Friday, February 12, 2016

Rev 25

While at it I thought 'Why not expand the - to be honest rather sad - Gorilla Biscuits collection?' Same seller meant no extra shipping cost either. So here we are. Back in 2012 Revelation Records celebrated their 25th anniversary. There were a bunch of showcases with former, reformed and current bands on Revelation. For one of these showcases, the one in Chicago to be precise, Rev made a special set of records which included represses of the GB 7", YOT 7", Into Another 7" and Texas Is The Reason 7". All of them came with the same layout: black sleeve with the logo on front. The records also came on the same colour, which in this case was clear. Rev did a really good job with these. The records look really classy and befitted the occasion.
Had I been at the show, I definitely would have bought a set. A few days after the showcase in Chicago Rev sold a few of them online, but of course I missed out on those as well because of the time difference. So I had to wait a few more years. Again, it was well worth the wait. To be honest, the only record I really care about is the GB 7". The others would be a nice addition, but I don't consider them a must have.


2 comments:

  1. Just to be pedantic, it wasn't a box set. There's no box :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good catch, Marcus. I don't want to muddy the water on pressing information, so I fixed it.

    ReplyDelete