Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Gift horses

With my last order from Speedowax I received two records I hadn't ordered. I always appreciate labels throwing in bonus stuff, even with small orders.

The first one is a split between The Hip Priests and Mannequin. The Hip Priests play garage mixed with punk'n'roll (?). I'm sure they're not bad at what they're doing, but it's not really my cup of tea. Mannequin are somewhere between pop punk, alternative and demo, sort of? I like the music, but the vocals for 1708 are a little annoying. Colour is a pretty decent song though.



Busted Outlook are more up my alley. Sounds like early 80's hardcore, sprinkled with some youth crew. I've just looked up this band and found out they're playing Fluff Fest this summer, which means I can catch them live. 150 copies on clear vinyl.



To sum up, two new records I hadn't ordered, three unknown bands, one of which I don't like, one I'll keep an eye out for, and one I'm looking forward to checking out live. Not a bad quota at all if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment