Friday, September 30, 2016

Fluff Culture

It's the end of September and I'm still writing about records I picked up at Fluff Fest in late July. Way to go. The people behind Fluff Fest seem to have made it their task to have 90's bands headline the festival these last few years. This year it was Culture's turn. The set was a little underwhelming. Somehow the band's performance, which was okay I guess, never sparked anything among the audience. To be honest, there weren't that many people in front of the stage to begin with. So I decided to skip the rest of the set, head to their merch table, grab the records they had with them and head home early. I don't think I missed out on anything. Born Of You was repressed in 2015 for the 20 year anniversary, and again in 2016 for the European tour. I have no idea about the detailed pressing info. No stamp, no number, no special sleeve. A little disappointing. However, the LP is quite good and considering I didn't have a copy before, I was more than glad to finally pick up a copy for really cheap.



In 2015 Culture had also released a new 7" with two new songs. This is the 2nd press on orange vinyl out of 500. The sleeve is different to the first pressing, because the band name and the songs are now printed in orange instead of blue. I'm not particularly impressed by the new material. The vocals in particular could have been done much better.


No comments:

Post a Comment