Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Spirits Strike Again

New year, same old records by the same old bands. Well, almost. A few weeks ago a picture by Useless Pride Record popped up in my Instgram feed. They advertised a repress of Spirits' Discontent LP. The records are supposed to be from the 2nd US press, just with blank labels and another sleeve. I'm not convinced this is true though, because my 2nd press copy looks different colourwise. Then again, I don't think the label pressed only 50 copies. Weird. The records are supposed to be yellow, but this looks more like orange to me. To make things more complicated, a friend of mine bought two copies, one for herself and one for a friend, and when she sent me a picture, one did look like mine, but the other one looked like yellow indeed. The three copies I have sitting here (friends help friends) all look like mine though. However, the label told my friend that the majority was yellow, not orange.  Oh, the joy of record collecting and nerding out about things like that...


No comments:

Post a Comment