Tuesday, March 7, 2017

From The Ashes

One of the more anticipated records for me recently was the new Burn 7". There was some hype, because, well, Burn were awesome when they were around. Plus, they were on tour in the US and twice in Europe over last one and a half years, so people were talking about them again.
I thought about pre-ordering the new 7" from Bridge 9 because, well, Burn, and they also had some cool variants, but I couldn't bring myself to shelling out that kind of money (shipping across the Atlantic sucks more than ever). Now that I've listened to the new songs a bunch of times, I have to say that I'm really glad I didn't spend that much money on this 7" because I don't feel the songs at all. I know that Burn have always been a very innovative band and never cared about trends, which I think is pretty cool. It made them write some of the best hardcore songs and arguably the best 7" on Rev ever. The fact that they continued to do their own thing in 2016 and still don't care about trends apparently is still aweome, but in this case the result is rather disappointing.


No comments:

Post a Comment