Sunday, October 22, 2017

Patience Is A Virute

Marcus and I have probably earned a spot in the Guiness Book of World Records because we just completed the slowest trade in history. About one and a half years ago I decided to get rid of some records. Marcus wanted one of them and to save on shipping (which is in a record collector's mind another 7"), we agreed that I should bring it with me when I was going to London in September last year. Marcus was kind enough to invite me to his home and I brought the record with me. However, we hadn't really come to an agreement as to what my end of the trade would be. No problem, I'd traded with Marcus before and we'd also met in person before. Plus, now I also knew where his home was... We got to talking about records, of course, and other things, and before we knew it, I had to head to the train station to catch my train. And we still hadn't really come close to talking about the trade. Fast forward a year, and my next trip to London was due. Marcus was  kind enough to invite me to his home again and since we'd learned from past mistakes, we'd talked about a few possible items before my visit and we did the trade part at the beginning of my stay at his house. Since he's one of the few people who reads my blog regularly, he noticed that I'd picked up a few Bad Trip 7"s and had my eye on their LPs, so he was nice enough to pick up a copy for me. Thanks for that, mate. I'll post the other records in the next few days.


1 comment:

  1. I always get stoked when people get into bands I've liked for years that I think are overlooked or forgotten. Bad Trip are great. This album was a bit of a step up from their first, and for years I think I preferred this one. But these days i think I prefer the first. Tough call though.

    ReplyDelete