Sunday, November 5, 2017

One Two One Two This Is Just A Test

A few weeks back I posted about the new Spirits LP and how I struck out at getting a test. Thanks to Instagram and its group of record collectors I was able to acquire one much sooner than I'd hoped for. I'd commented on one of my pictures and another person's that I was still looking for a test press and out of nowhere I got a message from a fellow (Spirits) collector who told me that one of the labels doing the tape release for the new LP still had one or two tests and were willing to sell. Less than two hours later I'd completed the transaction and a few days later the test press was already on my doorstep, again much sooner than I'd expected. Thanks, dude. I'm very grateful you helped me out. #16 out of 20.


If you follow my blog regularly, you have probably noticed that Spirits always go all out for the packaging for their releases. Of course they did that for the tests as well, which means these come with a special spray-painted cover and inner jacket.


Funny sidenote, I've never seen the use of test pressings explained on the back of a sleeve.


5 comments:

  1. Excellent! Good that you were able to get one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you need a tour copy I can help you out with one. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the offer. But I already have one. Check the post before this one.

      Delete
  3. I would buy a regular version of this title for that golden spray painted text alone...

    ReplyDelete