Thursday, January 18, 2018

Bane + Descendents + Good Riddance

Last of the Fat Wreck order. It should have been a no brainer to add a record by a band that is comprised of members of three of my favorite bands ever. Still, it took me forever to do just that. The thing with 'all-star bands' is that there's usually a really big hype around them and more often than not they're simply not as good as the hype makes them out to be and not nearly as good as the original bands. Now, Only Crime may be the exception to the rule for me. They sound a lot like Good Riddance in my opinion, which is mainly due to Russ Rankin's distinctive voice. Now, you could argue that it's kind of boring to do basically the same music only with other musicians and it would have been a great opportunity to experiment and try something new, but I don't care. I like this record.


1 comment:

  1. I prefer the first to this one. Just in case you were wondering

    ReplyDelete