Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Red Letter Day

Happy 2018 everyone and happy record hunting. The Get Up Kids were pretty much untouchable in 1999 when it came to emo stuff. They released one of my all-time favorite records, Something To Write Home About, that year and if that wasn't enough, they also released this awesome 10". Red Letter Day has one of my favorite Get Up Kids songs, Forgive And Forget, on it as well. I finally grabbed a copy at the end of last year. It's 'only' a repress, but I don't care. I think the vinyl color of the repress was really well chosen. Nice fit with the sleeve. I got it for half price, too, because there's a small crease on the top left corner, as you can see in the picture. I'm not too bothered by that because a) I've received new records in worse shape due to poor mail service and b) this is one of those records I'm never ever going to sell, so I don't have to worry about the possible resale value.


2 comments:

  1. Nice score. I'm not a huge Get Up Kids fan, but when I find myself in the mood for them, their first couple of records are excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't like everything they released either, but everything from the late 90s is just so good.

      Delete