Thursday, September 25, 2014

A Whole Punch Of Records

Okay, that was admittedly a poor wordplay, but whatever. I'd been really looking forward to the new Punch LP. They didn't invent the wheel new with their third LP, but if you like this band, this is probably a good thing. Angry, pissed fastcore. As usual the lyrics fluctuate between deeply personal and highly political. I love it.

As I said, I was really looking forward to this release, so when I heard about the upcoming pre-order, I kept my eyes open for day x. When the pre-order was up, I tried to put in my order, but either the deathwish webshop didn't work properly or I was too stupid to put in an order, which I wouldn't rule out, but in any case I missed out on the rarest colour. Bummer. Fucking flippers offer it on discogs for way too much money.
I got the clear yellow one, which is apparently out of 3311, and some nice looking yellow-green swirl that I cannot find any pressing info for. The pressing info is a little confusing to be honestly. You could order a coke bottle green version and seeing that this was limited to 1 per customer, I figure this is the rarest version. However, the pressing info page on Deathwish says the rarest colour is transparent gold with opaque light blue. The second rarest colour is supposed to be some white/blue mix according to the official pressing info, but I got this green/yellow swirl mix that you can see in the picture on the right, but again, I can't find any proper pressing info. In the webstore, this is listed as gold/blue mix though. So I'm a little at a loss here. Anyway, time will tell what different variants are out there.

While ordering the latest Punch LP, I also got a repress of their Nothing Lasts EP on black vinyl.



No comments:

Post a Comment