Saturday, November 21, 2015

Late To The Misfits Party

Lately I've been finding myself listening to rather a lot of Misfits. I've never been really into them, but a few weeks ago I somehow started rediscovering the roots of hardcore and I thought I'd give them another chance. I'm still not their biggest fan, but I can thoroughly enjoy most songs nowadays and I think some are really good. Having said all that, I can definitely appreciate their role in the emergence of hardcore music but for me they'll never reach the same heights as a few other early hardcore bands. I think I picked up a copy of Legacy Of Brutality a few years back for really, really cheap but since then I never bothered to pick up more records until I bought this repress of Collection I, which probably makes for a good starting point to venture a little deeper into the Misfits world.



The spots on the record are not actually on the record. I'm just not that good at taking pictures.

2 comments:

  1. I was never into them either, and never really had much of a desire to get into them. I did buy whatever that LP was that got reissued for RSD a couple of years back, which I will admit was ok, but I don't really want to get into them to be honest as their records are pretty much the most expensive there are.
    Oh, and I've never even heard Samhain either, believe it or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I do believe it. Never listened to Samhain either. I don't want to get into collecting their records either, partly for the reason you mentioned and partly because they're simply not that important to me. My want list is long enough and expensive enough as it is, haha.

      Delete