Saturday, July 16, 2016

Clear Blue

One of the last times I met up with my buddy Tom, we got to talking about - well, records. We were talking about come classics and some newer stuff that we both were into. One of the records we talked about was the Clear Demo 7", which we both agreed was pretty good and we were looking forward to more releases by this band. When I got home again I wanted to listen to it on vinyl again, because we had been talking about it so much. 'On vinyl again' is probably the wrong phrase though, because apparently I'd never owned a physical, or at least I couldn't find the copy I thought I had anymore. I searched high and low but either I really misplaced it and it is lost in the depths of my collection, or I traded it away and couldn't remember, or I indeed never had a copy of the demo 7" to begin with. I'm still not sure what happened here. The next time we talked on the phone I told about it and neither of us could make any sense of it.
Fast forward to my birthday and me getting an unexpected parcel with an unexpected present: a copy of the Clear Demo 7". Tom had remembered and made sure I finally got these songs on vinyl. It's moments like these when I'm really, really thankful for the people I've chosen to surround myself with in my life and who I can luckily call friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment