Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Minor Threat

This post is embarrassing for two reasons. One, it reminds me how embarrassing my Minor Threat collection is despite the fact that Minor Threat is one of my favourite bands (whose not, right?). I don't own any of the original 7"s, a situation that needs to be remedied very soon. Two, I haven't changed anything about the lack of Minor Threat records in at least a year, because this is the first post that features Minor Threat since I started doing this blog.
Obviously it was high time I did something about this situation. This record is far from a heavy hitter, but still, it's a Minor Threat record I didn't have yet. This is the s.t. LP, which features the first two 7"s Minor Threat released. What I really like about Dischord is the fact that their releases have always been available for cheap because they just kept pressing the records in one form or the other. Another reason why Dischord is the best label in hardcore/punk.
I decided to use a picture of the backside of the sleeve since that's where you can see the differences between different pressings the best. Unless Dischord changed the colour of the sleeve completely. This is the $5.00 version with blue sleeve. There's another $5.00 version out there, but the sleeve is green. There are so many different versions of this record floating around, so you can expect some more posts on this record and Minor Threat records in general in the nearby future.



4 comments:

  1. I would strongly advice not to pursuit a Minor Threat collection. So many records and so little pressing info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh? I always thought Minor Threat was documented pretty well?!? Or I could always ask you, if you're the Nico I'm thinking about ;) I'm definitely not aiming for a complete collection (no test pressings, no Cousins,…), but there's still a large number of Minor Threat records I want to get at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first two 7"s are well documented but around time the 12"s dropped. It gets so confusing. Yes I am that Nico and yes I still working on sorting out all the information and still discover new stuff on a weekly base.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I know what you mean, but I'm not a completist in any way. There are certain variants that I want, and if I (ever) get those, I'll be more than happy.

    ReplyDelete