Monday, November 10, 2014

More Empowerment To You

This is the second part of the split series Empowerment is doing. This time they teamed up with their recent tour buddies AYS. Both bands play one of their own songs, plus a cover song of a band from their region, which is the whole concept behind this split series. I don't care too much for the new Empowerment song to be honest, mainly because of the guest vocals. Kind of ruins it for me. The cover is well done, but musically it's just not my cup of tea. The same goes for AYS. I think I saw them live once when they opened for some band I actually wanted to see and I vaguely recall wishing their set to be over quickly. I got the same feeling when I listened to their side of this split 7" for the first time. They just don't strike a chord with me.

I hope the next split will be better again seeing that I did like the first 7". Clear vinyl out of 262.



I ordered another record from the label's distro section. Damage Control were a band from Oslo, Norway and were around during the mid and late '00 years. If you're into bands like Champion, Go It Alone, Carry On and the like, you should give them a listen. I really like this 7" and I'll definitely pick up their other releases in the nearby future. This is the least rare version on black vinyl out 1,860.




No comments:

Post a Comment