Tuesday, November 11, 2014

And This Is Where It Ends

Lately I found myself listening to a lot of Champion. Man, I miss that band. I used to listen to Promises Kept when it came out constantly. I still think it's a great LP but I've been more into their 7"s as of late. Left Your Mark may just be the best song Champion ever recorded. I've had a copy on orange vinyl for the longest time and I used to own a copy on mint green if I remember correctly, but I stupidly traded it away or probably even sold it a few years ago, which I now kind of regret. Anyway, I got to pick up two copies of this 7" on clear vinyl. The one on the right was released by Platinum Records back in 2001. Phyte Records put out the CD, but for some reason no American label was willing to put out the recordings on vinyl originally. Seems weird in hindsight seeing how big an impact Champion made in the early 2000s. There are 157 copies on clear vinyl of the Platinum version.
Two years after its original release, Bridge 9 decided to re-release Champions first 7". Probably because there was a high demand for this since Champion was already quite popular at that time. They also opted for clear vinyl, but as you can see it's not exactly the same colour. The OG press is more of a milky clear, whereas the repress is see-through clear. Bridge 9 pressed 700 7"s on clear vinyl making it the most common colour for this particular release. Can't wait to pick up some more Champion records.


No comments:

Post a Comment