Thursday, May 28, 2015

Spirits Get A Grip

Okay, I admit it: I've become a Spirits fanboy. Not really that big a surprise if you've read the last couple of entries on here. This split 7" with Get A Grip is their third release in what, less than a year? Quite productive. Actually, the songs on this split are the first official recordings by this band. At least that's what I read on Screaming For Records. You can definitely hear that the band was still searching for its sound. Probably the weakest release so far, but then again, weak is relative. The songs are still pretty good all in all. The Get A Grip side is pretty good as well. Short and fast hardcore songs. Good one.
There are two variants for this split, honey coloured vinyl, out of 125, and and skittles coloured vinyl, also out of 125.


2 comments:

  1. I can tell I need to investigate their other releases right??? I trust your judgement and was thinking they we're gonna be great so if this is there weakest stuff then that's a good sign. Some of it rocks and some of it doesn't

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Defintitely check out the LP and the 7"!

    ReplyDelete