Monday, January 13, 2014

The Youth

Comadre is one of those bands that called it quits way too early. I would have loved to see another tour. I'm still bummed out that they cancelled the already booked tour with Dangers last summer. Anyway, I can comfort myself with their records, I guess. Luckily, there's plenty of them and they're all awesome. Comadre were one of the few current bands in my opinion that actually managed to stand out from the crowd as far as their sound was concerned. Quite experimental and open towards many different influences within that tight frame that is Hardcore. They always put in great effort in the way their records looked, too. Something that I really appreciate. I also loved the 'mix tapes' they used to put out.

This is the first LP that Comadre released on DOOD Records back in 2006. 100 of these came on red and white split vinyl, 400 were pressed on the splatter vinyl you can see here. There's nothing better than a release with matching vinyl and sleeve. This one here is especially beautiful. Nothing but love here for this band.



No comments:

Post a Comment