Sunday, January 26, 2014

This And That

Work sucks. Period. Whoever tells you the opposite is lying. It consumes way too much time. Which we don't have too much of to begin with. Then you're too exhausted to do the things you actually want to do. Ugghh. The only upshot is that it provides you with the means to buy cool stuff. Like records. Speaking of which, I recently went to an actual record store, which is sadly not something I do as often as I'd like to. Most of my records come from the endless depths of the internet. I'd love to go record shopping at a real shop more often, but there aren't that many around where I live. Let alone ones that sell the music I usually listen to.
There's a 2nd hand store close to where my parents live though, so whenever I visit them I hit up the store as well. Sometimes they have some used cool punk rock or even hardcore records, but not this time. However, the shop owner recently decided to sell new vinyl, too. There were some sweet records like the first Quicksand LP or the latest Get Up Kids album. I opted for At The Drive-In's Relationship of Command though. When it came out I didn't really care for it because it wasn't 'hard' enough for me at the time. When I realized that music doesn't have to be hard to be good, the record was long sold out of course. So I'm really glad I was finally able to pick up this LP without having to pay through my nose.
























Having good friends is probably the best thing there is. Even ahead of collecting records. There, I said it. Having good friends who bring over records in exchange for a free meal is even better. Mind you, this was not part of the dinner invitation. It was just a nice gesture.
If you like Reagan era hardcore à la Negative Approach and the like, you should check out Chainbreaker from Berlin. Standard press of the 2005 s.t. EP. Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment