Saturday, February 15, 2014

5 O'Clock Shadows At The Edge Of The Western World

If there was one release in the last couple of months I was really looking forward to, up to the point of sheer excitement, it was the new Dangers 7". The drawback of high expectations is that you imagine the new songs to be so awesome that it's almost impossible for the record to meet said expectations. This is especially true for new material by your favourite bands. As it happens Dangers is one of my personal favourites. Music, lyrics, attitude and live performance, I could go on raving about all of that for hours. I won't though. Let's just say that Dangers - to me - is what a hardcore band should be like. To say I love the band would still be an understatement and the day they're gonna call it quits will be a really sad one for me.
But let's focus on the present. As I already hinted at, I had really high expectations for this 7". It took me some time to get into the record, but after listening to it constantly for the last few weeks it finally made click. The A-Side still sounds a little off to me, mainly because the vocals sound so differently from the earlier releases, but the B-Side is where it's really at. The last song is just so unbelievably good. One of my favourite (Dangers) songs ever.
On a different note, Vitriol Records is one of those labels that always puts great effort into all their releases. I'm really digging the whole package here. Cover, the printed inner jacket, lyric sheet and the colours chosen for the records all work together really well. Great release of a great band by a great label.




I can't really say anything about the individual numbers here, but there are three different colours for this release, which account to a grand total of 2,000. I like the brownish colour the best by a mile. It looks really sick.





It gets better though. If you hold it against the light, the record turns golden with black swirls, which makes it look even better. Try doing that with your CDs or MP3s, ha! One of the best looking records I own.


No comments:

Post a Comment