Thursday, February 6, 2014

True Till Death

Hands down, it probably doesn't get any more classic than a Chain Of Strength - True Till Death 7" on green vinyl. Pretty much everything about this record screams classic: the artwork, the music, the lyrics, the colour of the vinyl and last but not least the name itself, which has become the namesake for one of the most prominent SXE catch phrases there is. Now I'm not the biggest Chain Of Strength fan out there, let alone a collector, but this 7" is really great. Simple and plain. Sometimes it doesn't need a lot of words to sing the praises of something. What I love most about this record is the intro to True Till Death. It creates this intense atmosphere that persists throughout the whole song. Great stuff.
Anybody should own one of these in my opinion. Unfortunately there are only 2000 copies on green vinyl. I say 'only', because 2000 copies sounds like a lot, but since this is as classic as classic a record can be they are highly sought after. Really glad I was able to pick up this near mint copy and add it to my collection. Good times.


No comments:

Post a Comment