Sunday, March 10, 2024

Bleach

Nirvana have been part of my life for many decades, but only sort of. I caught the tail end of their career on MTV and I remember reading about Kurt Cobain's death in some teenage magazine shortly after it happened. I liked the songs I heard on MTV, but since the metalheads at my school wore their shirts and sweatshirts, I never bothered to dive deeper into their music. Which obviously is a very stupid move, but hey, teenagers aren't always know for their smart choices. A couple of years later I dove headfirst into punk and hardcore and grunge seemed not that exciting and rather boring. Also, all my money went into skateboards, skateboard videos and punk and hardcore records, and I didn't even think about buying records from other genres. Some time ago, I made the conscious decision to finally check out the band's catalogue and after almost 30 years of knowing the band, I bought my first Nirvana record. 


2019 (?) Repress


No comments:

Post a Comment