Monday, March 11, 2024

Idle Gossip

A few weeks ago I was both feeling nostalgic and like I need something fun to listen to, so I reached for a couple of Toy Dolls records and sort of fell into a wormhole. When checking my records I noticed that I didn't own all of their early records, which was a big surprise to me. Luckily, their records aren't that hard to find and don't cost an arm and a leg. 

I realize that The Toy Dolls are very silly, but sometimes you need something silly in your life. At least I do. Also, it's sort of an accomplishment in itself to have what feels like 50% of the band's catalogue dealing with the lives of soap opera characters. Having said that, Olga is such a phenomenal guitarist, and while the subject matter is rather silly in itself, the lyrics are constructed quite cleverly.

Their Live in Tokyo record sounds like a ton of fun and I'm seriously contemplating going to one of their shows if they happen to play not too far from where I live. I also might read the band biography again. Silly me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment