Sunday, June 23, 2024

Gute Laune, Ungerecht Verteilt

I love hardcore and punk. Those are my two favorite genres and the vast majority of records I won can be classified as one or the other. Or both, depending on your definition. However, if we played the “Which record would you pick to listen to if you were stranded on a deserted island?“-game, I‘d probably pick the first album by German indie band Kettcar. I love the band‘s entire catalogue, but the first LP is still my favorite. A couple of months ago my wife told me that Kettcar were going to release a new record and go on tour to promote the album. One of the tour stops was only half an hour from where we live and since our son is now at an age where he loves spending a night or two at his grandma‘s, we bought tickets right away. Dinner and a concert will forever be our favorite kind of date night. 

Gute Laune, Ungerecht Verteilt (Good Mood, Spread Unjustly) was released online before the actual tour, but I didn‘t want to listen to the new songs before I got the vinyl. The concert itself was a lot of fun. They played a bunch of new songs, which went over pretty well because apparently I was the only one in the audience who hadn‘t listened to the new songs before, and all their greatest hits. 

The album is good, but I have to say it‘s not their best material and so far I haven‘t heard a real hit. I‘ve had this experience with other records by this band, so I‘m not too fussed. Even if the record doesn‘t click, I always have their back catalogue. I really like the artwork though. 


Limited Tour Edition on Yellow and Green on Grand Hotel Van Cleef


No comments:

Post a Comment