Saturday, October 19, 2024

Clarity

Usually I really enjoy exploring record stores in new cities, but on this trip I wasn‘t too bothered by the fact that I didn‘t have that many opportunities to go digging. The main reason for this was that I knew I was going to an excellent record store in Adelaide. My friend Dan had been telling me about this fantastic record store called Clarity. And what can I say, he didn‘t exaggerate. Clarity is the kind of shop I would love to have close to where I live because the selection of new records is excellent, the second hand section is equally as good and all of the records are priced fairly. Hell, the section on hardcore and punk related books alone would be enough for me. I would also hate to have a record store like this so close to    where I live because I would spend way too much time and money there. But as always in life, love prevails.


The first LP I got was Liveage, the Descendants live LP. Great selection of songs from their early period. I was pretty excited to find this LP because I in my head this record was high on my want list. Well, I should have checked my actual want list and, more importantly, my spreadsheet, because I could have seen that I already own a copy. As much as I like this album, I certainly don’t need two copies.  So if anyone wants a copy for cheap or do a quick trade, let me know. 

Most Recent Repress (?) on Black on SST



I love Fucked Up as a band, but their discography is such a nightmare. They’re such a prolific band, it’s hard to keep track with all of their released. 7”s are much worse than LPs, so I mostly stick to their full lengths or compilations nowadays. Do All Words Can Do is a collection of B-sides and demo versions from the David Comes To Life era, which in my opinion is their album. When I read the information on the hype sticker, I knew I had to get this. This record is probably not a necessity, but I really enjoy the songs on here. 

1st Press on Black on Matador



Last, but certainly not least is the first LP by Tørsö called Sono Pronat A Morire. This was originally released on Agipunk, but later on it was re-released by Sorry State. I love both 7”s they released on Revelation a few years ago, especially Build and Break. But for some reason I never bothered to pick up their other releases. When I saw this record in the wild, it was a no-brainer to pick it up. I’m usually not a fan of swirl records and yellow-green is definitely not my favourite color combo, but for some reason this colorway works for me. 

5th Press on Yellow / Green Swirl on Sorry State (no further pressing info)

I also have to say that the prices of the records were incredibly fair. Not only for Australia, but for records in general. Big shoutout to Clarity Records. If I ever get back to Australia, I’m definitely going there again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment