Sunday, May 18, 2014

Record store pick ups

I totally forgot that I picked up a few other records when I went to Rekomando Records in Prague some time ago. I did some cleaning up today and found these again in a pile of records. I now recall that I wanted to make two different posts about my trip there, because the two other records I bought had nothing to do with RSD 2014. Plus I got some other exciting records in the meantime, so these two records somehow slipped my mind.

The first one does have something to do with Record Store Day, but a previous one. Back in 2011 Rev re-released one of the most classic records in their back catalogue: Burn's - Shall Be Judged 7", making this the 4th press. There were two different shades of yellow totaling up to 1090 copies, and there were also 300 copies on black. I managed to pick up a Burn 7" on light yellow back then, which was actually the very first copy of Shall Be Judged I ever got and which got me hooked as a listener and collector. As a result of my trip to Rekomando Records a few weeks ago I now also have a 4th press black copy. Apparently it's been sitting there for the last three years, which is kind of sad considering that this is such a good record, but since it worked out well for me, who am I to complain? I still haven't got a dark yellow copy, so if anyone has one and wants to sell or trade it, feel free to hit me up.




I also picked up the 2012 repress of the Texas Is The Reason 7" while I was there. This comes on opaque orange vinyl and is out of 500. Can't go wrong with this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment