Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Charles Bronson / Quill

I don't listen to a whole lot of fastcore, but there are certain bands from that genre that I really enjoy. The one I like best (by far) is Charles Bronson. Somehow they manage to add a certain twist to that kind of music. Plus I really dig the lyrics and the way they use all of these Charles Bronson samples. I used to have their  discography on vinyl, which was a bootleg as I learned later. I'm not a big fan of bootlegs, so I try to avoid buying them in the first place whenever I can or getting rid of them when I have bought one by mistake. A good friend of mine really wanted that LP, so I gladly gave it to him. I'm pretty sure he gets more out of it than I did. However, that meant I had to pick up the original records at some point.
This is the split 7" that Charles Bronson and Quill, from Japan, released on the Japanese label Nat back in 1996. This is the regular version on black vinyl. There's also a sleeve showing Twiggy and there are some copies on clear vinyl. Quill aren't bad, but they're nowhere near as good as Charles Bronson.

Not that I'm pursuing that goal, but I once saw a picture of a complete (I think) Charles Bronson collection, which was a beautiful sight to behold.



No comments:

Post a Comment