Sunday, January 18, 2015

Praise

Last weekend I went to one of my favourite venues to attend what turned out to be an awesome show with Statement X, Dogchains, Mindset and Praise. I knew the first three bands, but I only listened to Praise briefly when a buddy of mine played a few of their songs to me a few weeks ago. It was really good on record, but live they just blew me away. One of the best sets I've seen in years, including Dag Nasty and Minor Threat cover songs. Such a fun set and a fun evening.
I said it before, and I'll say it again, I'm not a big fan of 7"s with just two songs on them. However, every once in a while I'm willing to make an exception. Praise's Two Songs is definitely worth making an exception. I picked up this copy on grey vinyl (out of 300) at the show, but unfortunately they had sold out of the tour presses of their LP. Major bummer. Can't wait to get their other releases as soon as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment