Thursday, December 15, 2016

30 Years

Sick Of It All is one of my earliest and still biggest loves in hardcore. They've been going strong for an incredible 30 years as of this year and it doesn't look like they're going to stop anytime soon. To celebrate that anniversary, they released a cool photo book which includes a 10". The rarest variant on clear vinyl was limited to only 100 copies and sold out faster than you can say Alleyway Crew. There's also a version on red, but I learned about that only after I picked up this copy on black at one of the record stores my buddy and I hit in Stuttgart. The book is done really well with cool pictures, which cover the entire band history, and stories about the people in the band and the band by other musicians from the hardcore scene. I wish there were more stories and also a little bit of a band history or stories by the members themselves, because it would have been a pretty interesting read to be sure. Maybe they're saving that for the 40 year book. Who knows? The 10" is pretty good as well, although I think their latest material is not as good as their first 7" or the first few LPs. Be that as it may, I'm still glad I picked this up. 



No comments:

Post a Comment