Monday, December 12, 2016

Freewill

About 16 years ago I started going to an alternative disco on a regular basis and the staff always held a raffle at thirty minutes past midnight. You could win vouchers for the bar, cash, or old punk/hardcore crap from the guys djing there. I once won a bunch of old fanzines, and on another occasion a CD with a butt ugly cover. There's the Minor Threat reference, of course, but otherwise this is a horrible cover. I listened to the CD maybe once or twice and remember not being very impressed, mainly because my motivation to listen to this CD always started to dwindle whenever I looked at the cover. Thanks Lost & Found. Fast forward a few years, I came across Freewill in a different context, gave them a listen and really liked the songs. Then I remembered having this CD for more than a decade. Oh well.


Mankind Records released Freewill's demo songs on a 7" this year. There are copies on red and blue available. 200 copies on red, 300 copies on blue.


No comments:

Post a Comment