Saturday, February 17, 2024

Karate

One of my favourite new discoveries of an old band last year was Karate. I picked up their s.t. LP after reading the description in the webstore of a mailorder I regularly order from. It sounded really interesting and I didn‘t get disappointed at all. There was a time, when all I listened to was this record. I just kept flipping it over and over and over again. Also, that green marble colour is awesome. It matches the artwork really well and if you hold the record up against the light, you can see that it‘s slightly transparent even though it looks solid when it lies flat on a surface. Just beautiful. 

The only drawback is that I haven‘t managed to get my hands on any more releases because they‘re sold out everywhere I looked. Oh well, I managed to spend decades without listening to this band. I guess, I‘ll manage for another few months. 

2022 Repress on Green Marble on Numero Group


1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love their first 3 albums, but lost touch after that. However, I would also recommend checking out the song 'Cherry Coke' which appears on a split 7" with a band called The Crownhateruin. It's such a great song.
    Somwhere in my house I have an old Hi8 tape with a Karate show from when I saw them play in a room upstairs in a pub in Leeds with probably 50 people in attendance.

    ReplyDelete