Sunday, August 11, 2024

A Strong Desire

Desire Line are a relatively new band from the Cologne/Munster in the northwest of Germany. Two of the people in the band played in Tides Denied, an awesome, but now defunct youth crew band, although they switched instruments for this new project. Actually, the record was released on another band mate’s label, too. However, Desire Line sound nothing like youth crew. 

I really liked the demo they released in 2022, you might call it a single because the quality is so good. But to me, the first release of a band with only a few songs is a demo, especially if it is released on cassette. Like I said, I really liked the demo, so when I heard that they were going to release a proper record, I was really looking forward to it and they didn’t disappoint. The music is this awesome mix of indie, shoe gaze and dream pop. 

I only received Life’s Between Us on vinyl maybe three weeks ago, no thanks to the pressing plant, and this record has already spent a lot of time on my records player and I guess this will be the case for the foreseeable future too. Originally it was supposed to come out in March and technically I could have listened to the songs online since then, but waiting for the proper release on vinyl was well worth it. I really like the artwork as well (“Collective Memory” is a sticker, not part of the cover!) and of course they did a great job by picking out pink/magenta as vinyl color, although purple would have matched the artwork even better. But it still looks great together. For me this is a strong contender for record of the year. 


Pre-Order on Pink on Collective Memory /50


No comments:

Post a Comment