Wednesday, August 7, 2024

The Low End?

Lately, I’ve been listening to the A Tribe Called Quest records I already own, Midnight Merauders and People’s Instinctive Travels a lot. So much that I figured I finally need to pick up their other LPs. I don’t remember exactly why I picked up their first and third LP, but I think I already knew at least one song on each record and that was the criterion for buying. Anyway, I decided to fill that ugly gap between first and third album by buying The Low End Theory. I’ve often read that this record is considered the band’s masterpiece. I probably haven’t listened to this LP enough, especially compared to the other two I own, but right now I wouldn’t pick this above either one of the other two. Having said that, this is still an incredible record. I’m looking forward to diving into the rest of their catalogue. 


Latest Repress (?) on Black on Jive Records


No comments:

Post a Comment