Thursday, July 24, 2014

Catching Up with today

Enough with the represses already! Time to check out some current bands. First off we have Everybody Row's first 7" The Sea Inside on Vitriol Records. Everybody Row shares members with the late Comadre and you can hear that very clearly. If Comadre had made another record after their self-titled LP, it would have probably sounded something like that. A lot more pop, but still very powerful. I really dig this release. Hopefully there'll be more material from this band soon.
 

Gas Rag from Chicago play hardcore-punk with the emphasis on punk. Throw in some D-Beat, throw in some rock, throw in some classic mid-western hardcore and you get Gas Rag. This is their first 7" Human Rights released on Way Back When. Definitely the most 'punk' record I've bought in a while. Good one.


I saw SVFFER live last year once or twice if my memory serves correctly and I really liked what I heard. I'd meant to pick up one of their records for quite some time but only got around to do so recently. Sadly this record doesn't do anything for me. I'll probably have to listen to it a few more times but so far I'm a little disappointed. Will try to catch them live again though to see if I was completely off somehow.


A couple of months back I got the Violent Reaction LP, which was really really good. The band also put out a 7" last year and I finally got around to picking one up. Just as good as the LP. Looking forward to hearing more from the band and hopefully seeing the band at some point.


No comments:

Post a Comment