Monday, July 14, 2014

Don't Wait Up... Any Longer?

'Don't Wait Up' is an aptly chosen name for the final Bane record and even more so for the pre-order for this record on Equal Vision. Due to the fuck up at the pressing plant this took forever to come out, like two months late, then after finally getting the confirmation the record was actually in the mail, the parcel got held up at the customs office, which also meant paying more money. And to top all of that whoever packed that parcel at MerchNow forgot to put in the copy on blue vinyl that I had ordered. At least the yellow, which is slightly marbled, looks really awesome. So that kind of makes up for the rest I guess. Need to find me a blue copy soon somehow since blue vinyl is officially sold out on the MerchNow website and I haven't heard back from them about their mistake either. Oh well, where'd be the fun in collecting if everything was easy, right?



Could there have gone wrong any more with this pressing? Not likely, you might say. Wrong. Just look at the gatefold sleeve and you know what I'm talking about. Whoever folded that sleeve or operated the machine doing the folding did one hell of a poor job. This is what the sleeve looks like when being put flat on a table. I feel really sorry for the band because their final release got so messed up.




4 comments:

  1. I got my EVR copies at the weekend. I just slit the shrinkwrap open but didn't take it off. So no idea if my sleeves are as bent as yours. But that is really awful. Double fuck up on EVR's part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does look awful. While I don't necessarily blame EVR, they should have had these printed through a reliable source. It's a shame that Bane's last EVR release is came out this way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a shame that EVR fucked up on Bane's last release. I would have thought that they would have made this release extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sleeve didn't look much better when the shrinkwrap was still on, Mcs. I actually took it off to see if I could straighten it out somehow. No chance.

    @Chris: Well, I somehow blame EVR because they're the ones who put the records together I guess. Someone must have seen that. Plus, EVR is the label selling the records so it's their responsibility to make sure the product is fine. Then again, if mine is the only one that looks like this I may have to just chalk it up as bad luck.

    ReplyDelete