Monday, March 2, 2015

002

I've been reading The Endless Quest blog for a long time. Btw congrats on going strong for seven years, mcs. One band that has popped up a lot is Coalesce. They're a band from the '90s, a period in hardcore I really like, so I thought I'd give them a shot. Well, there's '90s hardcore and then there's '90s hardcore I guess. Or to make it short,  this is not really my cup of tea. Should have read The Endless Quest more carefully I guess. Looking at some entries again, they were often compared and associated with Converge. Now I know that Converge is beloved by many, many people in the hardcore scene. I tried to get into them several times and even went to shows they played, but this kind of hardcore just doesn't do anything for me. The same sadly goes for Coalesce.


2 comments:

  1. I've been enjoying your blog lately. It's cool to see you picking up records by some of the classic bands. I was stoked to see this one... but then felt really bad when I read it. Sorry dude. It must be said though, and this isn't an excuse, but this is one of their weakest records. The best one is without doubt '012: Revolution in just Listening' LP. You could give it a try online and see if it alters your opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment, mate. I'm also sorry. I know that you really like this band, and I know what it feels like if people say not so nice things about one's favourite band, but this release hasn't done anything for me. I'll probably give Coalesce another chance, mostly because I know you usually have good taste when it comes to music ;)

    ReplyDelete