Sunday, March 8, 2015

Final Backward Glance

Almost a year after its release, I finally have a complete collection of Bane's final LP. That is for the moment. I've already heard rumors that there's going to be a tour pressing for the upcoming Euro tour. And who knows how many represses there are going to be. But I'm really happy for now. One year for a complete set is not too bad, considering how long it took me to complete a few other releases, on the other hand this year felt kind of very long and frustrating because more and more variants popped up. But with the help of a few fellow Bane heads I finally got the last missing pieces of this puzzle. Thanks again, Justin and Mike!

The last vinyl variant I was missing was the white-blue swirl tour pressing. 200 of these exist. This was actually the hardest variant to track down. I first heard about this colour last August or so. Someone on vinylcollective.com posted a picture of this variant and nobody really knew where this was coming from since there was no mention of this in the official pressing info. What's more, it seemed to be a mistake since it came in a sleeve that had a sticker on it saying "yellow". Since there was a blue and a white version available at that time, it could have been that this was some sort of transition colour. After writing an e-mail to the label I learned that this colour was not mistake but the tour pressing. But again, it wasn't really that clear which tour this pressing was for. So the guessing and blind chasing continued. Fast forward to last December. Someone posted on Instagram that finally the tour variant would be available for the upcoming Bane shows. I really didn't want to wait until some flipper asshole was to sell this record on eBay or Discogs for way too much money, so I decided to contact another Bane enthusiast. I knew that he'd be going to a few shows, so I asked him if he could pick up a copy for me. He was nice enough to do that and that's how I finally got my hands on this record. I'm very thankful, Justin.



Crew shot (starting top left):

Bane - Don't Wait Up - Equal Vision - white/blue swirl - tour pressing /200
Bane - Don't Wait Up - Equal Vision - white - 2nd press /700
Bane - Don't Wait Up - Equal Vision - solid dark blue - 1st press /500
Bane - Don't Wait Up - Equal Vision - solid yellow - 1st press /500
Bane - Don't Wait Up - Equal Vision - clear dark blue - 2nd press /500
Bane - Don't Wait Up - Equal Vision - clear yellow - 2nd press /500

Bane - Don't Wait Up - End Hits - black - 2nd press /???
Bane - Don't Wait Up - End Hits - turquoise - 1st press /400
Bane - Don't Wait Up - End Hits - clear - 2nd press /500
Bane - Don't Wait Up - End Hits - orange - 1st press /500
Bane - Don't Wait Up - End Hits - purple - 1st press /300 (Green Hell exclusive colour)
Bane - Don't Wait Up - End Hits - test pressing /20


Cherry on top: There's also a tape version of the album available. This was made for the final Southeast Asian tour, available through Brnwrck Records. Someone put in a lot of effort into this tape. The lyric sheet looks so awesome. Thanks again, Mike, for getting one for me and the missus.

7 comments:

  1. Well done! Great final photo... well, except for the tape. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, man. I have to say I'm kind of glad you don't like tapes. Little less competition...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Fair play.
    Interesting that you refer to this as complete. I mean, surely there's one missing, right? Or have you just written that one off as impossible?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess you're talking about a test pressing on Equal Vision, right? I didn't take it into account because I'm not sure there are actual test pressings for the Equal Vision release. Do you have any info on that? I know about other records released on different labels that didn't have separate test pressings, either.

    I'm not sure if it'd be impossible to get one, i.e. if there are actual test pressings. Give it enough time and I'm sure one will pop up somewhere. Over the years I managed to get a few records that I'd deemed impossible to acquire, as did you most likely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The EVR test press exists. I saw Zach post a pic of one back when it first came out. Search it out on his instagram. You know what they say about the difference between hard and impossible...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found the pic. Damn it. I'd really hoped I was done with this release for now. On the bright side, there are 20 of these, so they might be a little bit easier to come by than the ones for the early releases.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gotta give it time. And about a thousand miles.

    ReplyDelete