Tuesday, March 3, 2015

You're Only Champion Once...

A while back I posted that I'd like to get more alternative sleeves of records I really like. I wrote that when I got the Youth Of Today rip-off Champion made for the record release show of Count Our Numbers, so the logical consequence was that I wanted to get the other rip-off sleeve that Champion had: the Side By Side rip-off for Come Out Swinging on Platinum Records. There are 143 copies of this particular record, all on milky clear vinyl. This one comes with some black swirls, as you can see at the top. There's also a variant with the regular sleeve on clear vinyl, but these have actual labels and not just the blank white ones. Also included is a little note explaining that the inserts weren't ready for the tour this pressing was made for. However, if you sent a stamp to the address mentioned at the bottom, the band promised to send it to you. I'd really like to have an insert, but I doubt that the offer is still valid.


From the same seller I also got a copy of the repress of Come Out Swinging on Bridge 9. There are 300 on green vinyl in total. However, the green vinyl comes in a lot of shades of green. There's a dark green variant, which seems to be more common than the rather minty green one you can see here. I had one of these a few years ago, but traded it away. Really glad I got one of the mint green ones back. They do look pretty nice.




I actually do know that I picked up a first press on clear a few months ago, but the green one above and this clear one came as a package deal on eBay, and for the price I paid I was okay with getting another copy on clear. Never hurts to have a couple of records to trade.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment