Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Holiday in Cambodia

London is always a good place to go for record hunting. It's a terrible place for buying new records, because everything is much more expensive than here thanks to the Pound. But London has a bunch of record stores that have a good 2nd hand section for hardcore and punk records and I usually find a bunch of cool stuff. I also enjoy going to actual record stores seeing that there are none close to where I live.
Holiday In Cambodia is one of my favourite Dead Kennedys' songs. That intro creates such a cool atmosphere that carries on throughout the whole song. Great, great song. The b-side features Police Truck, which is just as good as Holiday In Cambodia.
Collecting Dead Kennedys records must be a nightmare because there are a million different pressing for each release. I'm happy with just owning copies I can listen to, so I don't really care about pressings. Having said that, I'd make an exception for different covers because those are almost as good, respectively important as the lyrics and the music. Maybe that'll become a new project in the future. This is one of the UK pressings with the Burning Monk cover and silver labels, released by Cherry Red, distributed by Virgin.



No comments:

Post a Comment