Tuesday, October 20, 2015

John Wayne Was A Nazi

While record shopping in London, I came across this repress of The Stains' debut 7" John Wayne Was A Nazi. This is the latest repress on Beer City Records and it was done for Record Store Day 2015. I wasn't aware of this repress since I've lost all interest in Record Store Day and didn't really follow this year's releases. Anyway, I wasn't going to pass up on the chance to pick up this repress of a classic record that I wanted to have bud didn't want to spend that much money on. The original only featured the two songs that are on the a-side on this 7". I don't know where the songs on the b-side were taken from. Well, what can I say, you get early 80's hardcore from the Reagan era, but with a strong political message. The Stains later changed their name to MDC, a band which is still known for their political message. This reminds me: I don't own any MDC records. Time to change that.


No comments:

Post a Comment