Wednesday, October 28, 2015

More Discontent

I thought I was done blogging about all the records I'd ordered before travelling during summer. While cleaning up yesterday I went through the crate with record next to my records player. I flipped through it and came up with four copies of Spirits Discontent LP. The thing was, I could only remember buying three copies: the tour press I picked up when I saw them live and the two colours of the regular pressing. I was a little confused when I suddenly pulled out a black copy to be honest. Then I remembered that I'd also ordered a copy of the pre-order variant. Apparently these hadn't sold out and State Of Mind put the remaining copies online sometime mid-July I think. The record must have arrived while I was travelling and when I got home I just put it in the crate and forgot about it. There are 56 copies of the pre-order variant, which comes on black vinyl and without any labels. Someone scratched in 'Spirits' and 'X' respectively 'XX' where the labels usually are though. Kind of weird, but also kind of cool. By the way, this is my frontrunner for Record Of The Year. Such a great record.

1 comment:

  1. I was also able to get all of these and this is at the top of my AOTY list too. I've been working on a Spirits / Test Of Time collection now for maybe a year. Both bands are awesome.

    ReplyDelete