Friday, October 23, 2015

One Piece At A Time

Two weeks ago or so a buddy of mine messaged me to tell me that 6131 had put up test presses in their online shop, and more precisely, they had put up test presses for Bane's Los Angeles 3:58pm 7". I didn't hesitate because when opportunity knocks, you have to answer. And quickly, when it comes to rare records. I messaged a few people who also might be interested and I made at least one other person happy that day.
There's not that much to see actually other than what you can see on the dust sleeve. I know of five test presses, two of which look exactly like my copy. The two other ones come with a cover saying "test press", written with a golden pen, and they're numbered. What is weird is that the numbers I know of are #19 and #20. And supposedly there are only 20 copies in total. So, why would you have numbers #19 and #20 and then other copies that are not numbered but should be technically a lower number? Anyway, I'm glad I managed to track down another piece to the puzzle.




Complete 1st press including test press. I'm still looking, desperately by now I should add, for the 2nd press copies on clear and blue vinyl. Officially there are 300 and 700 copies respectively. So there should be plenty of copies popping up, but for some reason they never do. So probably there aren't 1000 copies out there. Who knows. If you have one of these, get in touch and I'll make it worth your while.


No comments:

Post a Comment