Sunday, June 1, 2014

Catching Up 05/2014

Got a couple of current records and another repress. This Routine Is Hell already released their Howl LP last year, but I only got around to picking up the album recently. This is a 2nd press copy on blue vinyl out of 100.  I saw This Routine Is Hell when they opened for Bane in March. Didn't hear the complete set since I was chatting with a couple of people I hadn't seen in a long time, but what I heard with half an ear didn't sound bad at all, so I thought I'd check them out. And I didn't get disappointed. Howl is a really good album. Sounds very ceremony-esque, which is something good in my book. 





As mentioned before I don't like ordering only one record when I order records, so I picked up another record from the same label I ordered the This Routines Is Hell LP from. I chose A Journey In 11 Dives by Storm And Stress. Why, I couldn't tell you. I guess I liked the packaging from what I could see in the web shop. Sadly, the packaging is the best part about this record. The booklet that comes with it is awesome. 24 pages filled with the lyrics and accompanying pictures, which reflect the lyrics. I'm really digging the pictures. The music can be best described as modern hardcore and is good enough, but the singer's voice ruins this for me. Bummer.




Lastly I picked up a golden oldie. Well, at least a repress of it. Cause For Alarm were a band in the early 1980s from NYC and that's just the way they sound. Can't go wrong with that. I have no idea about the pressing info for this one. Recent repress on Victory is the best I can manage. I vaguely recall reading about or seeing a picture of another version on blue vinyl for RSD 2014.


No comments:

Post a Comment